Newsletter for the Week of April 30, 2021
- Blessed Holy Week to all of our family and friends.
- Diocese Parish Life Celebration June 4-5, 2021. Free for all to attend (virtually OR in person); please register here in advance. Reference the PLC Flyer for more details.
- Diocese Oratorical Festival June 4, 2021 at 7pm. Details here.
- If you have taken photos while attending services at St. Mary's, please send them to us, as we would love to share them with the community!
THIS COMING WEEK AT ST. MARY’S
- Holy Week: The schedule of remaining services.
- Bright Week (5/2-5/8): No fasting Wednesday or Friday of Bright Week.
- Recording of the St. Mary Choir singing our beloved "The Angel Cried" (Megalynarion of Pascha).
SCRIPTURE READINGS FOR THIS WEEKEND
- Holy Saturday Morning May 1, 2021
- The Paschal Divine Liturgy (Sunday) May 2, 2021
- Agape Vespers Gospel (Sunday) May 2, 2021: Video of the Gospel reading in multiple languages (2020).
REGISTERING FOR SERVICES:
•Registration for services during May (excluding Pascha) is now available.
•To attend a service, please sign up here. More information regarding services available here.
•Holy Week: Remaining services can be registered at any time by Members, or at 10am on the day preceding the service by Parishioners.
•All Divine Services held in St. Mary’s Church can be seen live-streamed from the following Links: St. Mary Live , St. Mary Facebook , St. Mary YouTube
•For the safety of all during the pandemic, please pray with us from home if you have a cough or cold. Thank you!
DONATIONS TO THE CHURCH
•One-time donations to the church (For the Good Health of, In Memory of, etc.) can be made on our website using this form.
•In addition to bank ACH transfers, we now accept credit cards for these donations, but ask that you kindly check the box to cover the 2.6% fee incurred by the church for this convenience. For pledge contributions, please sign up for eGive to make ACH transfers.
•The daily prayer group on Zoom, led by Subdeacon James and Brooke Wilcox is open to everyone. Prayers run Monday through Friday, beginning at 8:30am
•Zoom Prayer Group Link Password: 28052020
•Led by Subdeacon James, this adult education class is designed for Christians who have spent many years in the Orthodox church, but have never had any formal teaching on the theology and liturgical structure of Eastern Christianity.
•Journey through the structure of the Divine Liturgy, while taking an in-depth look at Scripture, the Ecumenical Councils, our iconography, and the meaning and application of Orthodox theology.
•Mondays at 7:00pm on Zoom.
•For more information or to join, please email Subdeacon James here (or introduce yourself if you're attending a service in person!).
WE NEED YOU! Volunteers are needed to assist with some of the technical responsibilities at the church. Please contact Fr. Antony or Raymond Sayeg if interested.
Social Media Maintenance and Monitoring
Sermon Editing and Posting on Web and Social Media
Occasional Tech Support, Layout, and Graphic Design Work for Various Church Ministries
"O death where is thy sting? O, Hades where is thy victory? Christ is Risen, and you are overthrown! Christ is risen, and the demons are fallen! Christ is risen, and the angels rejoice! Christ is risen, and life reigns. Christ is risen, and not one dead remains in a tomb!"
-The Paschal Homily of St. John Chrysostom (full homily available here)