Newsletter for the Week of July 23, 2021
- THIS WEEKEND: Virtual Archdiocese Convention: July 24 & 25
- Dormition Fast (August 1-14)
- Monday 8/2: Paraklesis
- Thursday 8/6 - 6:30p: Vesperal Liturgy TRANSFIGURATION
- Saturday 8/7 - 5p: Great Vespers
- Wednesday 8/11 - Paraklesis
- Saturday 8/14 - 5p: Festal Vespers with Litya
- Explanation: The Theotokos, the Virgin Mary, was “blessed amongst women,” and she was chosen “to bear the Savior of our souls.” Orthodox Christians consider her to be the Queen of all the saints and angels. Knowing that she is eternally present at the throne of God interceding for mankind, and our parish in particular, we pray for her love, guidance, and protection. Every year the Orthodox Church sets aside the first fourteen days of August in honor of the Virgin Mary. This fast period is climaxed on August 15th, when the Church gathers to celebrate the Great Feast of the Dormition (Falling-Asleep) of the Theotokos, our parish feast day.
CURRENTLY AT ST. MARY'S
- Scripture Reading for Sunday, July 25, 2021
- COVID UPDATE: We are at 100% Capacity, no masks required. (Please refrain from physical contact (touching icons, Kiss of Peace, etc), and stay home if you have a cold or cough. Thank you! More information here.
- Volunteers still needed, more information below.
•All Divine Services held in St. Mary’s Church can be seen live-streamed from the following Links: St. Mary Live , St. Mary Facebook, St. Mary YouTube
DONATIONS TO THE CHURCH
•One-time donations to the church (For the Good Health of, In Memory of, etc.) can be made on our website using this form.
•In addition to bank ACH transfers, we now accept credit cards for these donations, but ask that you kindly check the box to cover the 2.6% fee incurred by the church for this convenience. For pledge contributions, please sign up for eGive to make ACH transfers.
WE NEED YOU! Volunteers are needed to assist with some of the technical responsibilities at the church. Please contact Fr. Antony or Raymond Sayeg if interested.
- Website Maintenance
- Social Media Maintenance and Monitoring
- Sermon Editing and Posting on Web and Social Media
- Occasional Tech Support, Layout, and Graphic Design Work for Various Church Ministries
“If you want to serve God, prepare your heart not for food, not for drink, not for rest, not for ease, but for suffering, so that you may endure all temptations, trouble and sorrow. Prepare for severities, fasts, spiritual struggles and many afflictions, for 'by many afflictions is it appointed to us to enter the Kingdom of Heaven' (Acts 14,22); ‘The Heavenly Kingdom is taken by force, and they who use force seize it’ (Matt 11:12)."
(The Life of) St. Sergius of Radonezh