Newsletter for the week of September 17, 2021
This Week at St. Mary’s
- Scripture Readings for Sunday September 19, 2021
- COVID Update: Masks Required. While we are at 100% Capacity, we ask that you please wear a mask and refrain from physical contact (kiss of peace & touching of icons). Thank you. More information here.
- Volunteers still needed! More information below.
Upcoming at St. Mary’s
- Sunday, September 19th: Welcome Back Cookout in the parking lot, following Divine Liturgy (NO parking in lot that Sunday)
- Sunday, September 26th: First Day of Church School classes
- Monday, September 27th, 7:00p: Orthodoxy 102 Class Resumes!
- Led by Subdeacon James, this adult education class is designed for Christians who have spent many years in the Orthodox church, but have never had any formal teaching on the theology and liturgical structure of Eastern Christianity.
- Journey through the structure of the Divine Liturgy, while taking an in-depth look at Scripture, the Ecumenical Councils, our iconography, and the meaning and application of Orthodox theology.
- For more information or to join, please email SubDn. James here (or introduce yourself if you're attending a service in person!).
- Monday Night Classes Via Zoom (Link coming soon).
- Orthodox Witness to Christ Program: Beginning September 16th, the Fall 2021 Semester will explore the "Life of the Spirit–What is God Doing in Our Lives?".
Open to all, the program aims to empower and equip Orthodox Christians to nourish and share the faith. Hoping to prepare participants for various ministries, the program provides an opportunity for a spiritual journey to learn, reflect, and be transformed through the Orthodox Christian Faith.
- Orthodox Leadership Conference: September 17-19. Hosted by St. Vladimir's Seminary, the national conference welcomes seasoned and emerging lay (YOU!) and ordained Orthodox leaders. More information here.
•All Divine Services held in St. Mary’s Church can be seen live-streamed from the following Links: St. Mary Live , St. Mary Facebook, St. Mary YouTube
DONATIONS TO THE CHURCH
•One-time donations to the church (For the Good Health of, In Memory of, etc.) can be made on our website using this form.
•In addition to bank ACH transfers, we now accept credit cards for these donations, but ask that you kindly check the box to cover the 2.6% fee incurred by the church for this convenience. For pledge contributions, please sign up for eGive to make ACH transfers.
WE NEED YOU! Volunteers are needed to assist with some of the technical responsibilities at the church. Please contact Fr. Antony or Raymond Sayeg if interested.
- Website Maintenance
- Social Media Maintenance and Monitoring
- Sermon Editing and Posting on Web and Social Media
- Occasional Tech Support, Layout, and Graphic Design Work for Various Church Ministries
Let us never forget that the sufferings of the present life are not worthy to be compared with the glory to come, prepared by God for those who love Him. (Romans 8:18; I Cor. 2:9)