Weekly Updates - March 5, 2022
- Current Donations: The most helpful donation is cash (via Venmo, contact Natasha Smith), or gift cards to grocery stores & places like Target.
- Immediate Need for Housing: For leads on apartments, homes or available in-law suites, please email Gary Moorehead (617.460.9409), or Natasha.
Currently at St. Mary’s
- Vespers TODAY March 5th (5pm). Followed by Young Adult Pizza night at the Telos Center.
- March 6th: Cheesefare + Forgiveness Sunday. Schedule of Services Below. Strict Fast begins.
- Scripture Readings for Sunday March 6th (available below)
- Sunday School has resumed.
Lenten Schedule of Services (for Week of March 6th)
- Sunday, March 6th: Forgiveness Vespers (6pm)
- Tuesday, March 8th: Canon of St. Andrew of Crete + Little Compline (7pm)
- Wednesday, March 9th: Pre-sanctified Liturgy (6:30p)
- Thursday, March 10th: Canon of St. Andrew of Crete + Little Compline (7pm)
- Friday, March 11th: Akathist (7pm)
Upcoming at St. Mary's
- March is Antiochian Women's Month. Volunteers are invited to participate in the following: the Epistle, Liturgical & Communion Service. Please email Teva to sign up for
- Schedule of Sermons:
- March 27: “Examples of Holiness from the Desert Mothers: Saints Mary and Syncletica of Egypt,” Claire Koen, M.T.S., Th.M, Ph. D. (cand) Judaism and Christianity in Antiquity
- March 20: “St. Barbara (December 4): Impressions of a Saint,” Marilyn Robbat, Past President, Antiochian Women, North American Board
- March 13: “Helen Augusta and Theodora the Armenian: Stewards of the Byzantine Heritage of the Orthodox Christian Faith,” Arianna Krinos Quinn, Ph.D (cand) Biological Oceanography, Life-long Orthodox Christian and dedicated Church School teacher
- March 6: “Saints and Sainthood: A Call to Holiness and Ministry,” Teva Regule, M.Div., Ph.D. Liturgical Theology and History
- MCI Pen Pal: One of the inmates Fr. Antony works with at MCI Concord would appreciate having a pen pal or two from the parish. If you are interested, contact Fr. Antony or the Church office
- We're recruiting volunteers for live-streamed services! Great opportunity to learn a reusable skillset & for high schoolers to satisfy community service hours. See below***
Orthodoxy 102 Classes
- Led by Deacon James, this adult education class is designed for Christians who have spent many years in the Orthodox church, but have never had any formal teaching on the theology and liturgical structure of Eastern Christianity.
- Journey through the structure of the Divine Liturgy, while taking an in-depth look at Scripture, the Ecumenical Councils, our iconography, and the meaning and application of Orthodox theology.
- Monday Night via Zoom. For more information or to join, please email Dn. James here (or introduce yourself if you're attending a service in person!).
- All Divine Services held in St. Mary’s Church can be seen live-streamed from the following Links: St. Mary Live , St. Mary Facebook , St. Mary YouTube
- ***We're recruiting volunteers to help with monthly rotation! In an effort to offer uninterrupted live-streaming services, Mitrophan Chin will train & mentor anyone interested (must physically attend church for beginning of Orthros and/or Divine Liturgy). It is a practical & reusable skillset, and a great opportunity to fulfill community service hours! Please contact Mitrophan if interested!***
Donations to the Church
One-time donations to the church (For the Good Health of, In Memory of, etc.) can be made on our website using this form.