Weekly News - January 21, 2022
Afghan Relief Update
- Current Donations: The most helpful donation is cash (via Venmo, contact Natasha Smith), or gift cards to grocery stores & places like Target.
- Immediate Need for Housing: For leads on apartments, homes or available in-law suites, please email Gary Moorehead (617.460.9409), or Natasha.
- Collection: Winter Clothing & accessories. For more information email Anna Higgins here.
Currently at St. Mary’s
- Scripture Readings for Sunday January 23th (available below)
- COVID Update: Sunday School & Coffee Hour is postponed until 1/30/22
- We're recruiting volunteers for live-streamed services! Great opportunity to learn a reusable skillset & for high schoolers to satisfy community service hours. See below***
Upcoming at St. Mary’s
- MCI Pen Pal: One of the inmates Fr. Antony works with at MCI Concord would appreciate having a pen pal or two from the parish. If you are interested, contact Fr. Antony or the Church office
- Annual Meeting: THIS Sunday January 23rd at 3PM via Zoom
- Link to Join
- Meeting ID: 846 6697 9074
- Passcode: 220123
Orthodoxy 102 Classes
- Led by Deacon James, this adult education class is designed for Christians who have spent many years in the Orthodox church, but have never had any formal teaching on the theology and liturgical structure of Eastern Christianity.
- Journey through the structure of the Divine Liturgy, while taking an in-depth look at Scripture, the Ecumenical Councils, our iconography, and the meaning and application of Orthodox theology.
- Monday Night via Zoom. For more information or to join, please email Dn. James here (or introduce yourself if you're attending a service in person!).
- All Divine Services held in St. Mary’s Church can be seen live-streamed from the following Links: St. Mary Live , St. Mary Facebook , St. Mary YouTube
- ***We're recruiting volunteers to help with monthly rotation! In an effort to offer uninterrupted live-streaming services, Mitrophan Chin will train & mentor anyone interested (must physically attend church for beginning of Orthros and/or Divine Liturgy). It is a practical & reusable skillset, and a great opportunity to fulfill community service hours! Please contact him if interested!***
Donations to the Church
- One-time donations to the church (For the Good Health of, In Memory of, etc.) can be made on our website using this form.